For close to 100 years now, TIRU has been operating waste treatment units to produce energy in the form of heat and electricity. Its proven expertise in waste-to-energy recycling meets the needs of its customers - local authorities, public or private companies - while playing a major role in sustainable development.
TIRU transforms waste into electricity and heat
What is waste-to-energy recovery for?
Combustion of household waste produces energy (electricity and/or steam) for urban heating, industrial and agricultural uses.
In 2016, the energy recovery centres sold nearly 2.76 tWh of electricity and steam, 50% of which came from renewable energy sources.
How does heat recovery work?
TIRU offers tailor-made energy recovery solutions
Installations made to measure for objectives
TIRU operates units of different capacities in France and abroad, designed to meet the specific needs of each customer, such as:
- Saint-Barthélemy (Antilles): 17,000 to 20,000 tons of waste per year
- Pontivy (56): 88,000 tons of waste/year
- Saint-Ouen (93): 630,000 tons of waste/year
TIRU puts its experience and expertise at the service of its customers and develops innovative technologies to optimize the production of its waste treatment units: grate furnace, oscillating furnace, fluidized bed furnace...
Teams in the service of their clients
- proximity teams for daily reactivity
- mastery of new rules and regulations
- technical and operational expertise on installations
- operational quality and optimum availability rate
Energy recovery: a sustainable development challenge
TIRU takes up the challenge of developing the renewable energy sector, alongside EDF.
The 5 advantages of energy recovery: :
- It allows the production of green energy
- It generates an enormous saving of fossil fuels (oil, gas etc.)
- It reduces waste volume by 90%.
- It destroys viruses and germs from our waste during combustion.
- It helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions